Friday, September 29, 2006
DEVIL BESIDE YOU (2005) (TAIWAN SERIES)
This series was based on the Japanese shoujo manga "Akuma de Soro" (Devil Does Exist) by Takanashi Mitsuba licensed by CMX. Other Takanashi works include the popular shoujo manga Crimson Hero, featured in Viz's monthly magazine Shojobeat.
- Title: E Mo Zai Shen Bian
- Also known as: Devil Beside You, Devils do exist
- Genre: Romance, Human drama,Comedy
- Episodes: 20 (Broadcasted on TV)/14 (DVD version)
- Broadcast network: CTV
- Broadcast year: 2005
- Theme song: ³ôÄÐÈË (Chou Nan Ren) Jerk by Huang Yida
- Closing theme song: êÓÃÁ (Ai Mei) Ambigious by Rainie Yang
- Other songs:
- Li Xiang Qing Ren (Ideal Lover) by Rainie Yang
- Set Me Free by Huang Yida
- Yi Miao De An Wei (A Moment's Consolation) by Huang Yida
Synopsis From wiki.d-addicts.com
Qi Yue (Rainie Yang) is a cheerful college girl who harbors a massive crush on the captain of the basketball team, Yuan Yi (Kingone). With the encouragement of her friends, she decides to confess her feelings. However, the next day, with her love letter in her outstretched hands and her head bent, Yuan Yi walks right by her. Qi Yue looks up to find Jiang Meng (Mike He), the school director's son, who has a devilish reputation and a penchant to bully girls. Terrified, she drops the letter and scoots away.
True to his nickname, the devil orders Qi Yue to be his personal servant, else her letter will be revealed to the entire college. Embarrassed and angry, Qi Yue has no choice but to follow in his shadow. A bizarre twist later, she discovers she has feelings for Meng, who, beneath the cool exterior, possesses a soft and loyal heart. Meng returns her affections as well, and at last the dreamy Qi Yue, whose head is made up of romantic fluff, thinks she has found love.
One thing stands in the way, however... How can they be together, when they're about to become brother and sister? And what happens when an arranged marriage and an old love enters both of their already complicated lives?
- Mike He Jun Xiang as Jiang Meng:Nicknamed Ah Meng by his fellow peers, he is the son of the president of the school. He is a freshman at the college, yet he has power of his teachers due to his father's position. Ah Meng is also frightening to a lot of people and is known to bully girls, yet he is also known as the "prince of seduction." Despite his cool composure and "bad" attitude, Ah Meng has a gentle side and often sticks up for what is right. Li Xiang has a crush on him, which he does not reciprocate, but Ah Meng has feelings for Qi Yue. Although she is his future stepsister, he does love her and enjoys teasing her. Ah Meng also joins the basketball team and has fast reflexes that rival Yuan Yi's.
- Rainie Yang as Qi Yue: is a sweet and innocent sophomore in college who lives with her widowed mother. She is very shy and sometimes acts like a ditz, but she has a loyal heart that shines even through the toughest of times. She used to harbor a crush on the captain of the basketball team, Yuan Yi, but her life was turned upside-down by Ah Meng. Eventually, she falls out of love with Yuan Yi and starts developing feelings for Ah Meng. She is also one of the managers of the basketball team
- Kingone as Shang Yuan Yi: is a boy in Qi Yue's class (teasingly nicknamed "Ah Yi (Auntie in Chinese)", and is the captain of the basketball team. Qi Yue initially was in love with him for his gentle personality, and he reciprocated her feelings, becoming a couple. When Qi Yue fell in love with Ah Meng, she broke up with him. Yuan Yi was angry and hostile towards Ah Meng at first, but gets over it and realizes his feelings for Qing Zi after she kisses him.
- Tsai Pei Lin as Qing Zi: is Qi Yue's outspoken best friend. She and Xiao Cai were the ones who encouraged Qi Yue to confess her love to Yuan Yi, even though Qing Zi herself had a crush on him. Qing Zi cares for Qi Yue a lot and spends effort in helping her. After Qi Yue and Yuan Yi break up, Qing Zi starts dating Yuan Yi.
Relationship To The Manga
- Kayono Saitou = Qi Yue
- Takeru Edogawa = Jiang Meng
- Yuuichi Kamijou = Yuan Yi
- Haru = Qing Zi
- Nacchan = Xiao Cai
- Rika = Li Xiang
- Youhei = Yang Ping
Summary Plot From en.wikipedia.org
Qi Yue (Rainie Yang) is a college student in her second year. Having a crush on the captain of the school's basketball team, Shang Yuan Yi (Wang Chuan Yi), she writes a love letter to him and prepares to pass it to him. Qi Yue, being super blurr, accidentally hands the love letter to Jiang Meng (Mike He). Jiang Meng, a freshman and the school's bully, smiles evilly at her as she gapes in shock, dropping the love letter carelessly and running away. Yue soon hears from her best friends that Meng is the school president's son. Being rich and powerful, Meng and his gang go around bullying other people to amuse themselves. While walking around school, Yue runs into Meng. He shows her the letter and reads the front out to her. Yue then realises that Meng picked up the letter that she dropped. Meng blackmails her and threatens to print 1000 copies of the love letter and scatter it around the whole school. Unwillingly, she is forced to be Meng's "servant." Yue hates him at first. But as she gets to know him, Yue realises that he is simply "hard on the outside, soft on the inside" and he is actually a nice person. In turn, Meng finds that Yue is a very cute and innocent girl who is compassionate towards everyone and is able to melt his heart. Very soon, Yue finds herself flirting with her favourite devil and vice versa. As they start to fall for each other, Yue is shocked to know that her widowed mother is about to marry Meng's father, which links them (Meng & Yue) into a stepbrother-sister relationship. Things get really complicated. Meng and Yue face many obstacles like Yue's ex-crush and Meng's arranged date appearing at the same time, the disapproval of Meng's grandmother, the consequences of their love ¡ª They might wreck their parent's marriage, Meng's younger brother ¡ª Ah Rang blackmailing them out of hate for his brother, Meng's decision to go to Italy, and so on.
Posted at 03:40 pm by j-g-m